lunes, junio 03, 2013

Pennsylvania judge sentenced to 28 years in prison for selling teens to prisons - June 3, 2013

Guilty and going to prison for 28 years
Why is money so important to certain people? I don’t understand this world that we are living in, and nothing surprises me anymore. I am glad things are changing. Although the old must be broken down, before the new can fully take place. Sometimes I wish everything could just be exposed at once, instead of little by little, and we could start building a better world. Once you know the truth, the world is not the same anymore, and I know for me, I just want the truth to be relvealed and for people to actually be aware of it. No more sleeping people! I know it’s nice, but being awake is pretty awesome too :)

Disgraced Pennsylvania judge Mark Ciavarella Jr has been sentenced to 28 years in prison for conspiring with private prisons to sentence juvenile offenders to maximum sentences for bribes and kickbacks which totaled millions of dollars. He was also ordered to pay $1.2 million in restitution.
In the private prison industry the more time an inmate spends in a facility, the more of a profit is reaped from the state. Ciavearella was a figurehead in a conspiracy in the state of Pennsylvania which saw thousands of young men and women unjustly punished and penalized in the name of corporate profit.
Read more: http://www.examiner.com/article/pennsylvania-judge-sentenced-to-28-years-prison-for-selling-teens-to-prisons